This is a new Norton Commander clone for the MSX.
Well in fact it's a GNU Midnight Commander clone, which is itself a NC clone too.
- Developed 100% in assembly
- Rich colorful text mode interface
- Object-oriented interface with pull-down menus, windows, dialogs, buttons and text-boxes
- Mouse support for point and click
- IBM PC-like cursor emulation
- Mapper usage. There is no limit on the number of files per folder
- Double buffered screen, no artifacts when refreshing
- Integrated shell with fork/join process up to 124 characters of command line
- MSX standard
- 256K Mapper (it needs 64K of free RAM on top of 64K of DOS)
- Mouse (optional)
Current available features
- Basic navigation
- Prompt shell
- Execute programs with ENTER or double click
- Multiple selection (SELECT, +, - *)
- Recursive delete with progression bar (*)
- User Menu (MC.MNU) for custom commands
(*) Progression bars are visible only in multiple selection only. It counts the number of selected items instead of number of files inside each folder.
- To access the pull-down menu from keyboard press
- Swap panes:
- Page Up/Down:
- To select:
- Select all:
- Unselect all:
- Invert selection:
- To execute: press enter over one item or double click
- For the prompt shell: just type the command and press enter. you can edit the command line using cursor keys or mouse click
Don't forget to set alias in your autoexec.bat for file extensions like:
ALIAS .BAS = "BASIC "
ALIAS .ROM = "ROMLOAD
In this way you can run those files with just the enter or mouse click.
The current version has been patched by KdL to fix detection of NEXTOR version 2.0 and higher.