AKID and KID are text editors released with the MSX-DOS2 tools by ASCII.
Differences between them (extracted from Relearning MSX):
- KID supports editing text in Japanese, AKID supports only western characters
- KID can edit up to around 60 KB in size, AKID up to 110 KB
- All operations are generally faster in AKID, because KID runs in a graphics mode and has to move around more data
- AKID doesn't support Japanese characters in file names
- AKID's menus an status messages are all in English, KID’s are all in Japanese